Nominal Temperature Ranges
- Molded one-piece solenoid with highly efficient solenoid cartridge and special low wattage coil
- Increased ambient temperature capabilities up to 175 ̊F (80 ̊C)
- Designed for use in automation of plant control systems to provide:
- PLC compatibility
- Reduced battery drain
- Reduced heat rise
- Reduced wiring cost
- Wide selection includes 2/2 normally closed, 3/2 normally closed (including Quick Exhaust), 3/2 universal, 4/2, 5/2, & 5/3
- Air or inert gas only
- Lower-cost alternative to intrinsically safe valves in critical applications not requiring a safety barrier
-20°F to 140°F (-29°C to 60°C)
UL listed General Purpose Valves (Hazardous Location Classified). EV8345G381 solenoid only UL listed. CSA certified; nonincendive for Class I, Division 2 UL E25549.
Meets applicable CE directives.
SIL 3 capable per IEC 61508 on 8314 and 8316 const. Third party certification provided by EXIDA.
ATEX/IECEx certified with prefix “EV” as listed.
These solenoid valves are intended for use on clean dry air or inert
gas, filtered to 40 micrometres or better. The dew point of the media
should be at least 10°C (18° F) below the minimum temperature
to which any portion of the clean air/inert gas system could be
exposed to prevent freezing. If lubricated air is used, the lubricants
must be compatible with Nitrile elastomers. Diester oils may cause
operational problems. Instrument air in compliance with ANSI/ISA
Standard 7.0.01-1996 exceeds the above requirements and is,
therefore, an acceptable media for these valves.