- Measuring Ranges:
- 0.9...22 to 142...4270 GPM Water
- 1.8...18 to 2071...203,000 SCFM Air
- 6.5...52 to 6014...380,148 Lb/Hr Steam
- ± 0.7 % of Reading (Liquids)
- ± 1 % of Reading (Gases and Steam)
- Maximum Pressure: 1450 PSIA
- Maximum Temperature: 750 °F
- Connection: 1⁄2" ... 8"ANSI Flange
- Wetted Material: Stainless Steel
- Output: 4 - 20 mA, HART ® Protocol
- Integrated Temperature and Pressure Measurement
- Measurement of Mass and Density Possible
- ATEX, IECEx
The Heinrichs DVH Series Vortex Flowmeter utilizes three primary
sensing elements: a vortex shedding velocity sensor, a RTD
temperature sensor and a solid-state pressure transducer to
measure the mass flow rate of gases, liquids and steam.
Systems that use external process measurements may not provide
adequate compensation for the fact that process conditions can
change radically between the point of velocity measurement
and the point where upstream or downstream pressure and
temperature measurements are being made. Because the DVH
multi-variable flow meter measures all of these parameters in a
single location, it delivers a more accurate process measurement.
Integrating multi-variable output capability with a single line
penetration also simplifies system complexity and helps reduce
initial equipment cost, installation cost and maintenance costs.
The measuring principle is based on the Karmann vortex theory. A
specially shaped, bluff body is located directly in the flow path. With specific flow velocities, vortices are generated by the bluff body. These small vortices generate small pressure differences, which are sensed via a piezoelectric sensor located directly behind the bluff
body. The number of vortices detected by the sensor are directly
proportional to the flow velocity.
Advantages of the DVH Vortex Flow Meter
- DVH-V: Provides a Cost Effective Volumetric Flow Monitoring Solution for Most Liquids
- DVH-T: Incorporates Temperature Sensing to Provide a Compensated Mass Flow Reading for Saturated Steam
- DVH-P: Multi-variable Meter Delivers Mass Flow, Temperature, Pressure and Density Readings
- Connections: 1⁄2"...8" ANSI
- Easy to Install
- Field-Confi gurable Ranges, Outputs and Displays
- HART ® Protocol
- IECEx / ATEX Approvals
The DVH-V delivers a direct reading of volumetric flow rate, and is
generally the most cost effective solution for liquid flow monitoring
in water and water-based solutions.
The DVH-T integrates a precision, 1000Ω platinum RTD
temperature sensor that can be used to calculate and output a
compensated mass reading. It is typically used to measure flow
rates of saturated steam.
The DVH-P offers flow computer functionality in a compact fi eld
device. This multi-variable instrument incorporates temperature
and pressure sensors to provide an instantaneous reading of
compensated mass flow rate of gases, liquids and steam. In
addition to outputs for totalized mass and alarm settings, the
fi eld-confi gurable electronics deliver up to three analog (4 - 20 mA)
outputs of fi ve process measurements, including volumetric flow
rate, mass flow rate, pressure and density.
The DVH-E energy monitoring option permits real-time calculation
of energy consumption for a facility or process. The meter can be
programmed to measure steam, hot water or chilled water. It monitors
one side of the process, either sent or return, and uses the input
from a second separate temperature sensor on the opposite side
of the process to calculate the change in energy. (It is not approved
for custody transfer applications.) Selectable energy units include:
BTU, joules, calories, watt-hours, megawatt-hours and horsepower-
hours. The local or remote electronics indicate: temperature,
delta T, mass total and energy total.