- Flow range: 5.5 ... 180 gpm to 25,000 ... 800,000 gpm
- Flow velocity range: 1.0 - 33 ft/s
- p max : 1160 psi; t max : 392 °F
- Connection: 11⁄2" NPT, 2" NPT male, R 11⁄2,
& R 2 male for pipe sizes: 11⁄2" - 100"
- Linearity: ± 1.5% with well established
- Material: stainless steel
- Outputs: pulse, LCD display,
batching, totalizing, 4 - 20mA, relays
The DOR series insertion paddle wheel fl ow sensor is a very
cost effective instrument for accurately measuring the fl ow of
water or water-like liquids in large pipes.
The sensor is inserted into the process piping via a thread-o-
let or half nipple fi tting. Liquid fl ow through the pipe results in
rotation of the affi xed paddle wheel. The rotational speed of
the paddle is proportional to the fl ow velocity, and therefore,
proportional to the fl owrate in the pipe.
The insertion type design provides a measuring technique
that is much less expensive than full bore fl owmeters,
especially in larger pipe sizes. Insertion paddle wheel sensors
are a robust measuring technology that boasts exceptional
tolerance to dirt and solids.
The DOR series features an all 316 L stainless steel body.
The rotor is made of PVDF or PEEK, with a long-life graphite/
PTFE self-lubricating bearing. The DOR has an integral,
precision insertion mechanism that allows the installer to
insert the rotor to the precise depth in the pipe for optimal
Outputs include NPN open collector frequency, and/or reed
contact frequency or millivolt frequency. Optional indicators
include battery powered totalizers, loop powered ratemeter/
totalizers with outputs and batch controllers.
The DOR-5 is suitable for "hot tap" installation. With its sym-
metrical design, the DOR may also be used for bi-directional
- HVAC: Hot and Chilled water, Fire system and thermal
- Municipal: Water distribution, water management and
- Irrigation: Water management
- Water treatment: Chlorination, de-salination and mechanical fi ltration plants, chemical injection systems
- Refi neries: Primary fl ow additive injection, fi re and cooling
- Power generation: Boiler feed water, steam condensate,
process water and water balancing
- Chemical: Process & cooling tower water, chemical and
- Others: Cement Mfg, diesel fuel transferring, fl ow testing,
fire truck and hydrant fl ow monitoring, food processing,
pulp/paper, mining, memorial fountains